Organization Name: Blue Apron
Industry: Food & Beverage
Job Title:Purchasing Specialist
Years of experienced needed: 1 year
Job description:We’re looking for a Purchasing Specialist in our Jersey City, NJ fulfillment center to support the purchase and securing of all food items determined by the recipe specifications and in accordance with the internal production schedule.
- Establish quantities of product that need to be ordered in order to fulfill production needs.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with food purchases.
- Find alternative sources of short or hard to find product.
- Monitor produce market conditions to avoid sharp market increases and availability issues. Communicate favorable purchasing opportunities to management.
- Understand application of freight and shipping to optimize cost of goods purchased.
- Analyze and maintain recipe food costs to stay within weekly recipe budget.
- In coordination of Quality Control, ensure incoming product meets or exceeds the recipe’s quality specifications.
- Ensure accurate, up-to-date item information within the database. Enter new products and price changes promptly and accurately into a purchase order system.
- Minimize shrinkage/spoilage of perishable products. Obtain credit from suppliers where applicable for returned, damaged, or spoiled goods. Coordinate storage of items to be returned to suppliers.
- Participate in periodic inventory counts. Conduct inventories as requested by management.
- Attend weekly company meetings and review food cost summaries with the team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
For more information and to apply: https://www.blueapron.