Service Corps: Pro Bono Consulting Services
The Service Corps Program matches teams of passionate and skilled NINYC members with nonprofits and social enterprises to complete actionable 12-week pro bono consulting projects that fulfill specific business and/or organizational needs. 5 Reasons To Apply For a Service Corps Team
- Bring new perspectives and fresh energy to your organization
- Access New York professionals for projects that your organization doesn’t have the skill sets or bandwidth to complete
- Receive support from NINYC on project structuring, volunteer matching, and project oversight
- Introduce your organization to new networks via the Service Corps team and NINYC
- Develop relationships with NINYC members to cultivate new volunteers and/or donors
Applications for the Fall 2017 Round are now open. Applications are due by August 14th.
On a mobile device? Click here to apply.
Is Service Corps Right For My Nonprofit Or Social Enterprise?
To be eligible for Service Corps, organizations should have:
- A mission aligned with Net Impact’s mission of driving social and/or environmental impact
- A presence in the New York Metro Area
- A staff member committed to dedicating 1-3 hours per week to the Service Corps team
- At least one full-time staff member or an annual budget large enough to support at least one full-time staff member
- A capacity-building project that is a good fit for three months of pro bono consulting and the skill sets of NINYC members
What Will Be Expected Of My Nonprofit Or Social Enterprise?
- Assign a staff member to act as your organization’s primary liaison for both the Service Corps team and the NINYC Programs Committee
- Collaborate with the Net Impact NYC Programs Committee and Service Corps team to scope and finalize an appropriate project and deliverables
- Meet in-person with the Service Corps team for a mid-point check-in and final presentation
- Communicate in a timely manner with the Service Corps team and provide access to information needed to complete the project
- Attend a Service Corps orientation to kick off the project and complete a post-project evaluation
What Is The Matching Process?
When will the next Service Corps projects be available?
Service Corps projects occur annually in the Spring (March-May) and Fall (September-December).
Applications for the Fall 2017 round will remain open until August 14th.