Service Corps: Pro Bono Consulting Services
The Service Corps Program matches teams of passionate and skilled NINYC members with nonprofits and social enterprises to complete actionable 12-week pro bono consulting projects that fulfill specific business and/or organizational needs. 5 Reasons To Apply For a Service Corps Team
- Bring new perspectives and fresh energy to your organization
- Access New York professionals for projects that your organization doesn’t have the skill sets or bandwidth to complete
- Receive support from NINYC on project structuring, volunteer matching, and project oversight
- Introduce your organization to new networks via the Service Corps team and NINYC
- Develop relationships with NINYC members to cultivate new volunteers and/or donors
The deadline for Spring 2017 client submissions has passed.
Please check back in July when we begin accepting applications for the Fall 2017 round.
Is Service Corps Right For My Nonprofit Or Social Enterprise?
To be eligible for Service Corps, organizations should have:
- A mission aligned with Net Impact’s mission of driving social and/or environmental impact
- A presence in the New York Metro Area
- A staff member committed to dedicating 1-3 hours per week to the Service Corps team
- At least one full-time staff member or an annual budget large enough to support at least one full-time staff member
- A capacity-building project that is a good fit for three months of pro bono consulting and the skill sets of NINYC members
What Will Be Expected Of My Nonprofit Or Social Enterprise?
- Assign a staff member to act as your organization’s primary liaison for both the Service Corps team and the NINYC Programs Committee
- Collaborate with the Net Impact NYC Programs Committee and Service Corps team to scope and finalize an appropriate project and deliverables
- Meet in-person with the Service Corps team for a mid-point check-in and final presentation
- Communicate in a timely manner with the Service Corps team and provide access to information needed to complete the project
- Attend a Service Corps orientation to kick off the project and complete a post-project evaluation
What Is The Matching Process?
When will the next Service Corps projects be available?
Applications for the Spring 2017 round will open in mid-January.