This page is for prospective client organizations. If you are interested in applying as a volunteer consultant, please click here.
Service Corps: Pro Bono Consulting Services
The Service Corps Program matches teams of passionate and skilled NINYC members with nonprofits and social enterprises to complete actionable 12-week pro bono consulting projects that fulfill specific business and/or organizational needs.
5 Reasons To Apply For a Service Corps Team
- Bring new perspectives and fresh energy to your organization
- Access New York professionals for projects that your organization doesn’t have the skill sets or bandwidth to complete
- Receive support from NINYC on project structuring, volunteer matching, and project oversight
- Introduce your organization to new networks via the Service Corps team and NINYC
- Develop relationships with NINYC members to cultivate new volunteers and/or donors
Applications for the Spring 2018 Round are now closed.
Sign up here to receive a notification when applications for the Fall 2018 round open in mid-summer.
Is Service Corps right for my nonprofit or social enterprise?
To be eligible for Service Corps, organizations should have:
- A mission aligned with Net Impact’s mission of driving social and/or environmental impact
- A presence in the New York Metro Area
- A staff member committed to dedicating 1-3 hours per week to the Service Corps team
- At least one full-time staff member or an annual budget large enough to support at least one full-time staff member
- A capacity-building project that is a good fit for three months of pro bono consulting and the skill sets of NINYC members
What will be expected of my nonprofit or social enterprise?
- Assign a staff member to act as your organization’s primary liaison for both the Service Corps team and the NINYC Programs Committee
- Collaborate with the Net Impact NYC Programs Committee and Service Corps team to scope and finalize an appropriate project and deliverables
- Meet in-person with the Service Corps team for a mid-point check-in and final presentation
- Communicate in a timely manner with the Service Corps team and provide access to information needed to complete the project
- Attend a Service Corps orientation to kick off the project and complete a post-project evaluation
What is the matching process?
Net Impact NYC strives to make high quality, mutually beneficial team matches based on complementary skills, interests, and needs. The NINYC Programs Committee evaluates nonprofit and social enterprise applications based on mission alignment, the nonprofit’s program model and impact, fit of the potential project for pro bono and with NINYC membership’s available skill sets, and organizational readiness for a Service Corps team. Members of the programs committee reach out to selected organizations to schedule a phone call to discuss the organization’s needs and scope potential projects. The Programs Committee then surveys Service Corps consultant applicants to rank the available projects according to their level of interest and professional fit for the project’s needs. Taking into account volunteer preferences and the skills and experience needed for each project, the NINYC Programs Committee matches teams of 4-6 professionals with complementary backgrounds to nonprofit and social enterprise clients. The Programs Committee works with each side during the matching process to ensure a strong fit and successful partnership. Thus, even for those organizations that meet all of the requirements for the program, a match is not guaranteed.
When will the next Service Corps projects be available?
Service Corps projects occur annually in the Spring (March-May) and Fall (September-December).
Applications for the Fall 2018 round will open in July.
How much does it cost to participate as a Service Corps client?
What are the typical projects and professional backgrounds of NINYC volunteers?
Where can I send other questions?
If you want to recommend a non-profit or social enterprise organization with a presence in NYC who might benefit from partnering with our volunteer consultants, please email email@example.com