The Sustainable Business Committee of the Columbia Business School Alumni Club of New York invites you to:
MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN
Swap, Don’t Shop
Making Green in the Sharing Economy
Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 6:00 pm
• 6:00 – 6:30pm Doors Open and Early Networking
• 6:30 – 8:00pm Program
• 8:00 – 9:30pm Reception and Networking
300 Madison Avenue, PwC Auditorium
From Stephen Colbert’s Toasterster to Peer-to-Peer Banking, collaborative consumption is changing the way we think about ownership and opportunity. Join us as a new generation of entrepreneurs reveals how they capitalize on helping consumers share, sell, barter and swap their way to better lives in a world where access trumps ownership.
• Cameron Tonkinwise, Ph.D., Chair, Design Thinking and Sustainability, School of Design Strategies, Parsons.
• Adam Black, Founder/CEO, KeyWifi.com
• Jennifer Lee (CBS ’08), Founder, ClosetRaid.co
• Odile Beniflah, Senior Product Manager, Carpooling.com
• Ron J. Williams, CEO, SnapGoods.com
REGIFT SWAP “Bring a regift. Take a regift.” What’s gathering dust at home may be just what someone else needs! Bring a small unwrapped new or gently used “regift” ($25 or under) to swap with others during the networking event. Unclaimed gifts will be donated to Housing Works.
• Valuable ideas and advice from Green Entrepreneur and Career Coach, Stefan Doering
• Innovative shapers of the Sharing Economy: KeyWifi.com, Carpooling.com, Green Spaces and more
$25 for CBSACNY, MCC Members & Students; $40 for non-members; $60 at the door
REGISTER NOW: http://www.cbsacny.org/article.html?aid=1166
MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN Season 3 Certificate Program on Sustainable Business
Attend four out of six events through June 2012 and earn a Certificate. Future topics include Transportation (May 17), and Green and the 2012 Election (June 12).
For more information: www.cbsacny.org or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us and the MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN series on Twitter @CBSACNY_SBC, #MGFG and the club on Facebook.
NON-MEMBERS and WALK-INS WELCOME (photo ID required)
Special thanks to GreenSpaces, Green Resources Forum, and Industrial Designers Society of America/NYC Chapter, media sponsors for this event.
Many thanks to PwC, our MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN Season 3 sponsor, for hosting the event series. Thanks to McLaren Engineering Group for hosting Sustainable Business Committee meetings and to Manhattan Chamber of Commerce for their support.
Submitted by: Melissa O’Young