Service Corps: Team-Based Pro Bono Consulting
The Service Corps Program matches teams of passionate and skilled Net Impact NYC community members with nonprofits and social enterprises to complete actionable 12-week pro bono consulting projects that fulfill specific business and/or organizational needs. 5 Reasons To Become A Service Corps Consultant
- Leverage your skills for impact by answering a local non-profit or social enterprise’s call for industry-specific or business expertise
- Acquire impact-oriented consulting skills training and experience
- Network with peers and get exposure to their interdisciplinary approaches to problem-solving
- Learn about a social or environmental issue and managing a mission-driven organization
- Build meaningful relationships with NYC nonprofits and social enterprise
Applications for the Spring 2017 round are closed. If you applied, you will hear back by March 6th.
If you did not apply but are interested, please check back in August when we open submissions for the fall.
Is Service Corps Right For Me?
Service Corps is great for you if you have:
At least 2 years of professional experience (quality over quantity!) and a Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to commit 3-5 hours per week for 12 weeks
- Flexibility to work well in teams and independently
- Strong interest in leveraging your skills to solve organizational challenges
- Comfort with ambiguity and problem solving
- Pro-active and strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for making an impact on social and/or environmental issues
What Will Be Expected Of Me?
- Finalize the project’s scope and deliverables with your team and client
- Spend 3-5 hours per week for 12 weeks on your project
- Work collaboratively with your team in person and virtually at least 3 times per month
- Meet deadlines for team-based and solo tasks, including timely responses to team communications
- Complete a final report, slide deck or other project-appropriate deliverable detailing your team’s work and recommendations
- Attend a NINYC orientation to kick off the project and complete a post-project evaluation
- Become a basic member of NINYC. Membership is not required to apply; however, should you be matched on a team, you will be required to register for a free basic NINYC membership prior to the project launch.
What Is The Matching Process?
When will the next Service Corps projects be available?
Service Corps projects occur annually in the Spring (March-May) and Fall (September-December).
Applications for the Spring 2017 round will remain open until February 14th.
What are typical client causes and projects?
How much does it cost to participate as a volunteer consultant?
Where can I send other questions?
Feel free to email us at email@example.com!