Volunteer with Net Impact NYC
Our Chapter continues to grow in strength and members each year. We are incredibly proud of our accomplishments thanks to the many volunteers (we’re a 100% volunteer-run organization).
As we grow, we’re looking for talented and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to join our team. Learn all about the volunteer opportunities, the benefits and requirements below. When you’re ready to get started, simply fill out the volunteer application and we’ll be in touch soon after.
Is Volunteering For Net Impact NYC Right For Me?
This is great opportunity for you if you have:
- Strong passion for leveraging your skills for good and making an impact on social and/or environmental issues
- At least 1 year of professional experience (quality over quantity!) and a Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to commit 2-5 hours per week as well as availability to collaborate with the board/team via phone/email
- A pro at meeting deadlines for team-based and solo tasks, including timely responses to communications
- Comfort with ambiguity and problem solving
- Proactive and strong work ethic
What’s In It For Me? Why Volunteer For Net Impact NYC?
- Network with like-minded individuals in CSR, nonprofit and social enterprise
- Active, committed volunteers attend events for free (including exclusive volunteer-only events)
- Best way to meet board members, participants, volunteers, advisors and thought-leaders
- Use your skills for good
- Develop new skills and build your resume
- Make valuable connections resulting in new career opportunities
- Be an important part of Net Impact NYC’s growth as a reputable social impact organization in NYC
What Volunteer Opportunities/Roles Are Available?
- President(s) – manage Board meetings, oversee Chapter activities, relationships and programs, serve as the face of the organization at Chapter and partner events, and ensure that the Chapter’s mission is being met.
- Finance – responsible for Chapter budgeting / forecasting, tracking cash flows and ensuring expenses are paid in a timely fashion.
- Impact Measurement – set guidelines, develop metrics and collect data to measure and share the impact of the Chapter in NYC and around the globe
- Events – responsible for planning and organizing events which range from small dinner discussions, speed networking, workshops/panel discussions, to networking happy hours.
- Program – responsible for managing the Chapter’s pro-bono consulting program and events relating to the program.
- Sponsorship/Partnership – establishes and manages meaningful and win-win relationships with like-minded entities in NYC
- Marketing – responsible for marketing Chapter activities via newsletter, social media and other relevant channels as well as Chapter branding, analytics and other ad hoc Chapter-wide projects.
- Membership – responsible for the Chapter’s membership recruitment and retention strategy as well as membership data, annual survey and University Chapter relationships.
- Technology – updates and maintains the Chapter’s website as well as other ad-hoc technology needs as they come up.
- Kiva Zip – responsible for managing the Chapter’s Kiva Zip Program and events relating to the program.
- Volunteer – recruits, engages, and develops members and connects them to meaningful volunteer opportunities within the Chapter’s board and committees.
- Project Management – responsible for managing the Chapter-wide projects, setting processes and guidelines to improve efficiency, board meeting notes and other ad-hoc projects as needed.
There are plenty of ways to get involved outside of the roles/teams listed above. Fill out the volunteer application form and we’ll be in touch to set up a call to discuss ways in which you can make an impact!
What Is The Recruitment Process?
Our process is designed so volunteers and Net Impact NYC can ensure a great fit – we want to be sure you are getting something meaningful out of your volunteer experience. Volunteers rave about their experience (we’re all volunteers)!
- Fill out the volunteer application form
- We’ll reach out to set up a call with you
- Call to discuss your interests and skills
- If a fit is found, there will be follow up calls/meetings with appropriate board members/teams
- You agree to the board/committee guidelines and commitments
- You join the Net Impact NYC team!
Where Can I Send My Questions About Volunteering?
Feel free to email us at email@example.com.
“Joining Net Impact New York on the Corporate Sponsorship Committee opened up opportunities for me to meet like-minded socially conscious individuals that otherwise wouldn’t have been possible. Through my connections with other committee members, I was able to find an incredible job I am passionate and excited about.”
– Lauren Salzman
“I joined NINYC because of the people! Everyone I had met through Net Impact when I joined was smart, creative, fun and focused on making NYC a more sustainable place. Who could resist that?”
– Danielle Virgin, Former Board Member
Learn More About Us